For many, the transition between seasons can be a difficult time for mental wellness, especially one as stark as the change from summer into fall. Whether you may be suffering from seasonal depression, or the effects of COVID-related isolation, BIRCHCITY prioritizes wellness of all kinds. That’s why we have compiled 10 tips for keeping up with your fall wellness goals, whatever they may be.
1. First and foremost, make sure that you are protected from any physical health ailments. Keep up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines and annual flu shot. The CDC recommends a yearly flu vaccine as the first and most important step in protecting against flu viruses. If you aren’t healthy physically, it will be harder to improve your mental health.
2. Start taking vitamin D supplements. Most of our vitamin D comes from the sun, so as the weather gets colder, our intake decreases. In addition to vitamin D, consider a BIRCHCITY plant like our Artificial Areca Palm - 5’ to bring in the positive sunny aura that our homes lack during the fall season.
3. Spend more time with family. Fall is the perfect time to host family dinners. Bringing that warm fuzzy family feeling is the perfect antidote for the autumn blues. BIRCHCITY’s new Artificial Flower & Branch Bundles are perfect fall centerpieces. Try our Olive + Eucalyptus & Berry Branches bundle.
4. Make sure you are staying adequately hydrated. Even though the warmer months are on their way out, we still sweat under our warm layers. And the colder drier weather means our skin dries out more quickly.
5. Soak in a nice hot epsom salt bath. Dim the lights, put on your relaxing bath time playlist, and soak it up. Add an extra tranquil aura to your bathroom with BIRCHCITY Artificial Eucalyptus Branch - 26" (Set of 3).
6. Spend some time with yourself. Take a moment to slow down, cozy up on your sofa with your journal and write down some goals for the season. Putting things down on paper is a great way to be intentional about starting and keeping up with new goals. BIRCHCITY’s Artificial Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree 6’ is perfect for the empty space by your sofa.
7. Get ready for Daylight Savings Time. Try and get to bed earlier, if you can, especially in the days or week leading up to the change. Longer nights means more sleep!
8. Just because it’s getting cooler, doesn’t mean you can’t spend time outside! Enjoy the temperate days outside when you can, because they are getting fewer and farther apart. BIRCHCITY has wonderful outdoor options, like the Artificial Boxwood Ball Tree - 26" (UV Protected).
9. Stay on top of your seasonal chores! It will help you not only stay active during the colder months, but also keeping up your home is a great way to keep up with your mental health. A tidy home is a tidy mind.
10. Be kinder to yourself. Take a moment and take a few deep breaths. If you can’t do every single thing on your list, it’s not the end of the world. Life is to be enjoyed and you deserve it.
We hope that these tips have been helpful in fostering the vibrations that you want to have in your home. Don’t forget that all BIRCHCITY products have their own story, visual symbolism and spiritual aura. Decorate your space with good design and acquire its positive energies!
Discover our collection by Aura today!